Translate

Friday, February 7, 2014

The Pen is Mightier Than The Sword

I am too opinionated for my own good.


Well that's what my "friends" on FaceBook like to let me know, at least. "Friends" because I certainly do NOT know 2000 people.

That I am not always politically correct or "lady-like"...whatever that is.... with my thoughts. 

That I should post kittens and rainbows and statuses like:
"What a blessed day! I cannot believe how amazingly perfect life is!!!! Love you all!!!!!!!"

Probably me very shortly...
Definitely me eventually.
That I should just stop.

Well, Internet that leads me to my next point.... here I am starting my first blog so that my poor, poor FB friends can get a break from all of this sass ;) Bear with me cause I hear its a learning experience!

Wheeler's quote "The pen is mightier than the sword" is perfection because it. is. truth! Did you know that China actually PAID workers to find blogs with negative comments about communism and switch up the conversation? 

After WWII and especially after the Cold War, America was THE world power, but now we really have become just a country of complacency...

We're too worried about poppin' molly and learning how to twerk. 
About raising minimum wage when we should be lowering the price of an education.
About what's trending instead of what matters.

As a millennial, I've always had information right at my finger-tips, so why would I waste my brain power on publicity-stunting celebrities and their gossip? These people earn MILLIONS to speak words that are not their own and to almost physically become someone they are not. I really just don't get the hype.

I'm new here to the blogosphere (that's a thing....right?.....) but I want to hear and be heard! 
I want to have lively debates here about the things my friends are sick of hearing me talk about.

Like I said, new here! I just want to express my thoughts and hear what each of you have to say!  Any blogging tips you'd like the share? They would be accepted VERY graciously. Any topic ideas? I'd give it a stab. 

Until next time beautiful people,
Brooke


6 comments:

  1. but twerking is important too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. If you're open to topic suggestions, I would like to hear your views on a possible third Vatican Council and bringing women into the ranks of priesthood in accordance with an ever-evolving society that has grown far beyond what it was when the Catholic Church was founded, and even beyond what it was during the second Vatican Council several decades ago. I think it is time for reform again and the church needs to embrace this changing society in order to stay relevant in people's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats dumb. Women should nver b priests.they r made 2 serve men n b there subordnates. Read the bible it says it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outstanding spelling and grammar rednek2188. You are a shining example of the Christian patriarchy.

      Delete
  4. Brooke,
    You should write on any of the issues you just mentioned. This article is not well directed - it goes in too many directions at once. Focus on one thing that you have the most knowledge and the most passion about, and that is also a real, relevant, pressing issue. Minimum wage, education, political correctness, Chinese propaganda, or rainbows and butterflies. Your blog is an expression of yourself, so express yourself through it

    ReplyDelete